How to get a Wheelchair Taxi in Melbourne?
Need a wheelchair taxi? Hire the best wheelchair accessible taxi service in Melbourne.
For some people living with disabilities and trying to live independently can be frustrating and difficult when they require a wheelchair taxi in Melbourne. They frequently experience frustration when calling for one as they are told that there are none available. Sometimes they can be fortunate to get a wheelchair accessible taxi, but more often than not, they need to call a few wheelchair taxi services before one becomes available. It can also be particularly difficult to get one on a weekend.
Whether you need to go to work, go shopping or meet up with friends, the daily challenge of getting a wheelchair taxi should not be a challenge. Taxi Maxi, one of the leading taxi services in Melbourne, has made a conscious effort to ensure they have plenty of wheelchair accessible taxi vehicles available.
Below are some of the reasons why Taxi Maxi is the preferred wheelchair accessible taxi service in Melbourne-
The Government Recognized Wheelchair Accessible Taxi (WAT)
All drivers associated with Taxi Maxi have completed their WAT module as prescribed by the Melbourne Taxi Administration. Taxi Maxi encourages its drivers to demonstrate their learning and knowledge on wheelchair assisted passengers on day to day basis.
As per WAT guidelines, Taxi Maxi ensures that a taxi for wheelchair users are given priority bookings over taxi requests for any other reason.
Taxi Maxi works with its drivers and staff to teach them on understanding different types of disabilities. A passenger using a wheelchair might have:
- Sensory or Hearing impairment
- Physical disabilities like cerebral palsy or paralysis
- Neurological illness like Autism or Brain Injury
- Logical disability like Down syndrome
- Loss of body functions due to circulatory or respiratory diseases
Understanding different types of disabilities help the drivers understand different needs and help in providing better taxi service to disabled individuals.
Communication with a Disabled Passenger
Taxi Maxi works with their drivers in showing respect to all its passengers, even if they require any form of special assistance or not. The drivers are educated and patient in dealing with wheelchair assisted passengers. Our drivers’ communication skills have been highly regarded by our clients and have made us one of the highly sought after wheelchair taxi services in Melbourne.
Apart from the usual Taxi Maxi services, drivers work diligently to provide comfort to physically challenged passengers. Some of the extra efforts put in are:
- Before heading out the drivers check the taxi and equipment for all safety and security measures. Special consideration is given inside the vehicle where the wheelchair assisted passengers will stay.
- Assisting the passenger in the taxi– Our drivers’ are polite and courteous and will always help wheelchair users into the taxi for maximum safety. The hoist of the wheelchair taxi is lowered, and the passengers’ wheelchair is mounted on hoist. The drivers ensure that the passengers get into the taxi without any harm and are the comfort and relax.
- Safety inside the taxi– Once inside the taxi, the driver puts the brakes on the wheelchair so that it doesn’t move during transit. The wheelchair is also connected to an anchor, to provide extra safety to the passenger in case of any mishap.
- Unloading the passenger– As per WAT guidelines, before getting the passenger out of the taxi, the wheelchair is removed from the anchor and other restraints. The hoist is lowered, and the driver carefully unloads the passenger and wheelchair ensuring the safety of the passenger.
- The driver takes extra precautions with driving and parking while hosting a wheelchair assisted passenger. As per the Melbourne administration, there are special parking rules for disabled taxi services, which are legally followed by all drivers.
Taxi Maxi goes
the extra mile in providing comfort to their passengers. Whether it is maintaining an adequate temperature inside the taxi, avoiding bumpy and heavy traffic routes or to avoid sudden braking to not cause discomfort to wheelchair-bound passengers, the company ensures that their passengers always enjoy the journey with them.
Smartphones have made it easier to book Taxi Maxi services online. So, if you need a wheelchair taxi service, just mention that while booking and Taxi Maxi will take care of the rest. Taxi Maxi has big vans that can accommodate 3-5 people more along with a wheelchair assisted passenger. This becomes ideal if you need to travel as a group and one of the members requires wheelchair assistance.
Apart from day to day commute, Taxi Maxi also can provide a taxi for wheelchair users for travelling to the countryside or a weekend getaway. The wheelchair-accessible taxis are equipped with all the necessities for travelling with a wheelchair assisted person on a long route for hours without discomfort. Our wheelchair taxi is ideal for family outings, so one can travel on a road trip with family without causing trouble for anyone.
Taxi Maxi drivers have had special training and undergo various programs to provide the utmost comfort and care to wheelchair-bound passengers. Their driving skills have provided assurance to everyone – whether normal or especially needed, that travelling by Taxi Maxi is quick, easy and comfortable.
Taxi Maxi is one of the leading disabled taxi service providers in Melbourne for the past many years. With efficient drivers, affordable tariffs, modern cars with the latest equipment & gadgets, Taxi Maxi has not only become the go-to taxi for wheelchair users but for everyone in Melbourne. Their efforts in making the journey comfortable for wheelchair assisted passengers haven’t gone unnoticed. No wonder they are the 1st choice of any passengers who require wheelchair assistance while travelling.
If you are disabled or wheelchair-bound and need to book a taxi service for your commute, give Taxi Maxi a call today at 0404 355 933 and get ready to be impressed.